Saturday, January 29, 2011

Triathlon Challenge!

I did a bit of blog hopping today and came across Adventures as a Small Town Mom. I was in search of other mom bloggers that are training or have done triathlons, due to the fact that I am now training for The Dam Tri on June 26th! Anyway over at Adventures as a Small Town Mom she is doing a Triathlon Challenge! I was so excited to find another mama doing a tri for the first time!!

I have a pool lined up where I can practice! I am currently running on my moms treadmill, due to all of this wonderful snow that keeps piling up. As for my bike....well that one is up in the air at the moment(almost literally). My old mountain bike is up in the attic at my parents house and I have no clue if it is safe to ride at the moment. So my goal for this week is to beg my dad to get it down and see how it looks....

I am going to follow the 10 Week Sprint Distance Training Plan for Beginners as soon as I can get my bike. Until then I will continue running 3 times a week and next week I will begin swimming!! Can't wait!!

1 comment:

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

I just started doing pilates for pre-training so I am actually in decent shape for the 11 week training...brutal so far. I am so out of shape. I need to start running like you (3 times a week - that is awesome)!