Friday, September 24, 2010

Making Time for Workouts

I know alot of you have been thinking, how on earth does she have the time to get in all that exercising. I am going to share just how I do it.

First off. Get a note book to track yourself. I have one of those journals that you can't rip the pages out of(well you can, but other pages will fall out as well). Not only do you need to be tracking your weight, but also TAKE MEASUREMENTS! Some weeks you may not losse any weight, but you may be loosing inches. This means that you are gaining muscle, and that is a good thing!

Then Usually on Sunday's or Monday's I plan out a work out schudel for the week. Here is mine for this Week:

Monday:
  • AM-30 minutes Elliptical
  • After-50 minutes Slim In 6- Ramp It Up
  • PM- 56 minutes Shiva Rea-Daily Energy Vinyasa Flow Yoga
Tuesday:
  • AM-30 minutes Elliptical
  • PM- #Tworkout
Wednesday:
  • AM- 30 minutes Elliptical
  • Afternoon- 30 minutes Exhale Core Fusion Yoga Energy Flow
  • PM- 50 minutes Shiva Rea-Daily Energy Vinyasa Flow Yoga
Thursday:
  • AM- 30 minutes Elliptical
  • Afternoon- 50 minutes Slim In 6- Ramp It Up
  • PM- 50 minutes Exhale Core Fusion Yoga Energy Flow
Friday:
  • AM- 30 minutes Elliptical
  • Afternoon- 50 minutes Slim In 6- Ramp It Up
  • PM- Any Yoga that I can fit in
Saturday:
  • AM- Any Elliptical
  • Afternoon- Any workout that I can fit in depending on what our family is doing for the weekend together.
Sunday:
  • AM- Any Elliptical
  • Afternoon- Any workout that I can fit in depending on what our family is doing for the weekend together. 
Typically I take the weekends off to just spend time with my family, but if I get a chance to squeeze something in I do.

Now, I fit in the Elliptical in the mornings. I get this in when I get the oldest on the school bus and the almost 2 year old is eating her cereal and watching her morning shows. My elliptical is in my dinning room that way I have access to it at anytime and can see everything that is going on in the house.

In the Afternoon when the little one is taking a nap I get in my afternoon workout. Sometimes she does happen to wake up when I am in the middle of it. So, I pause my workout, get her up, give her some milk and while she is drinking it I continue my workout. Sometimes she even likes to do what I am doing and it is really cute!

In the evening I LOVE to do yoga! After the kids are in bed and the hubby is in bed(or out of town) I practice yoga. Now JR has been out of town for 3 days this week so I really have been trying to get it in, because some nights when he is home I like to go to bed when he does. Yoga relaxes me after a long stressful day, it clears your mind and soul. Oh, and don't forget about the YOGA EVENT coming up on the 4th!
The weekends I usually use as my off day's so that I can spend time with my family. If I find that I happen to have some time, then I will workout. Sometimes the girls and I will walk down to the park and walk around there for awhile. I have been trying to incourage my girls to be active, so we can all do stuff together.

I know this looks like a lot, don't panic. I did not start off with all this stuff, I have worked my way up to it. When I first started I just used my elliptical a few times a week. Then I started to do it just about everyday and was also walking alot. Then I started to incorporate some fitness DVDs, only about twice a week or so, but still using the elliptical or walking a lot. You just have to start out with little baby steps and work your way up. The longer you are consistent with one thing like walking, it will become second nature.

Try and make time for yourself. If you can only get in 15 minutes at a time, then use those 15 minutes to do something active! Get your kids involved, my girls love to do what mommy is doing. Most importantly DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOURSELF! You can do this!

No comments: