Monday, August 9, 2010

Mamavation Monday- 8/9

Last week wasn't the greatest. I didn't get as much exercise in as I would have liked, but I did eat healthy and drank tons of water. It was also our towns fair last week and I didn't have any fair food!! The night that we went I made a roast and we ate before we left. My daughter even got to milk a goat! The man there told us that she was the best milker that he had had all day! Needless to say she wants goats now and has asked grandma and papa(who have a farm) if they could get some goats. They have already have horses, chickens, they used to have cows(that are now our freezers), and are getting a pig. The beef that we got from them is all grass and a bit of grain feed, so their is like no fat in it what so ever. When I make burgers I actually need to add some meat that has a little fat on it or else it takes forever to cook and gets really dry. Last night I made burgers and actually sneaked in some lean ground turkey and they didn't know the difference! So, I will be adding that more often.



The Verdict- No weight loss no gain.
Just lost a few inches!

Waist- 40.5

Hips- 40 lost 1 inch!
Right Thigh- 24 lost 1/2 inch!

Left Thigh- 24 lost 1/2 inch!
Right Arm- 13 lost 1/2 inch!
Left Arm- 13 lost 1/2 inch!


Here was my week:


  • Monday- Walked about 2 miles
  • Tuesday- Daughter had doctors appointment, so I wasn't able to squeeze in walking.
  • Wednesday- Walked about 2 miles or more, walked down to the parade and around the fair.
  • Thursday- Had to take my mom into hospital for an epidural. (She has chronic back pain and is trying to put off another surgery, by trying to manage her pain, but the epidurals aren't working for very long.)
  • Friday- Walked about 3 miles.
  • Saturday- Enjoyed the evening with the hubby riding on the Yamaha Raider and went to dinner to celebrate our 1 year anniversary(more like 7).
  • Sunday- Spent some time with my mom, and didn't get a whole lot done.
Goals
  • Exercise more
  • Keep drinking lots of water
  • Keep eating better
  • Work on meal planning
  • Keep exercising more
  • Comment on all Mamavation posts
Be sure to check out the Fitness Friday Giveaways at various other blogs!

I also want to congratulate Julie Mansfield @jamnsfld76 for being the Sista of the Week!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

No gain? Good! Losing inches? AWESOME! You must be doing something right!!! Great job!

Have a good week!!!

Lisa J said...

OH GOATS ARe SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! WE had them growing up. My sister really developed special bonds with them.

You know, maintaining is great, and way to NOT EAT FAIR FOOD!

That so rocks! :)

Have a fab week, babe!

Evelyn said...

Hey no shame in losing inches!! WOOHOO!!! New follower!

furygirl3132 said...

Hello! I am a new follower from Fancy Meeting You Monday, so glad to have found your blog and I look forward to reading more. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

No gain, no loss - but inches lost! I call that a win :) You are doing great :)

Laura said...

I love that you're keeping track of your measurements! nothing better than losing an inch off your hips to remind you it's not *all* about the scale!

Keep up the good work hun!

Laura @SeeLauraRun

Marissa said...

You keep track of your success with weight-loss in detail...that's such a great way to stay motivated! I have a workout blog as well as a family blog, maybe the workout blog will be added motivation, at least that's the reason I created it?! Found you through Meet and Greet and so glad that I did :)

Keep it up!

Kristy K said...

I'm following you now from Fancy Meeting You! I love your blog title... it's so ME :).

bookieboo said...

Wow, you lost inches? That is BETTER than losing weight. Means you got noticeably skinnier. Good job! XXOO

jennydecki said...

You're doing great, I wish I had goats :)

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Hello! I am a new follower from The Nutritionist Reviews! Please follow me back at: http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com
Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Stephen and Amanda O'Dair blog said...

wow inches are wonderful! And yeah no fair food, i bet that was tough ar at least it would of been for me!

smashbravo said...

What a great post, it is very inspiring. Lots of luck with it, I will be happy to see the progress.

New followers from Fancy Meeting you blog hop. Good luck and take care!

http://sammymakessix.blogspot.com/

Roxy said...

I want goats! We have chickens and rabbits and might be getting pigs later this year. Congrats on maintaining! And losing inches is fabulous. Keep it up!

Heidi said...

Way to go on your results!

kia said...

Work with the metric that means the most to you. I'd rather loser inches than weight if I had to choose one or the other. Congrats on your success. And great pic of your daughter with the goat there, that is really cool.

lorrie said...

inches stil matter good job on resisting